Thursday 7 June 2012

The September Issue



As you all know, Anna Wintour is another of my icons. Her career is one I could only wish to replicate. This film released in 2009 documents the extensive preparation involved in the production of Vogue's 2007 September issue which, to date, remains the largest magazine issue created, weighing over 4 pounds and selling thirteen million copies, it alone impacted the $300 billion fashion industry more than any other publication.

Of course, I saw it the moment it was released in 2009 and have re-seen it many times since. As procrastination urges hit this swotvac, I have keenly watched it once more and realised that with each viewing I uncover something new. This time I have been able to understand the journalistic side of the documentary much more than I had before. I have always had an immense appreciation for the written word and the power of an image, however journalism as a whole discipline is something I have not grasped this well ever before - all thanks to this course!

Oh how I love fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment